- In addition to your prescribed medications, you may also use non-prescription (over-the-counter) medications from time to time.
- Before using any non-prescription medications it is important to know if they may affect your kidney function or other medical conditions, or interact with other medications that you may be taking.
- Always read the medication label, and use only as directed.
- The kidneys play an important role in removing some medications from your body. If you kidneys are not working well some medications may build up in your body and cause unwanted side effects.
- If you have any questions or are unsure whether a medication is safe for you always speak with a pharmacist or member of your health care team.